Winner of 12 business and community awards, featured in 200+ media titles, named as one of the most influential people in PR 2009-2015.
One of the most influential people in PR” – PR Power Book 2009-2015
Mavis Amankwah is an award-winning entrepreneur; specialising in marketing, PR, diversity communications and business sustainability.
Her vision began in 2002 when she noticed that there was a major gap in the market where corporate and commercial organisations needed to tap into diverse and hard-to-reach audiences but had challenges engaging with them. Mavis founded Rich Visions Diversity Communications to bridge that gap. She has successfully steered the company to become one of the leading diversity communications agencies targeting niche audiences. Now in its 14th year with Mavis at the helm, Rich Visions has become an award winning agency. Rich Visions has worked and created campaigns with over 60 established commercial and corporate organisations including; ASDA, Comic Relief, HMRC, Metropolitan Police, HSBC and MoneyGram. In 2011 Rich Visions won the contract to deliver a communications campaign aimed at ethnic audiences for the Digital TV switchover.
In 2009, Mavis launched another arm of the agency; Rich Visions Small Business (RVSB) which has helped over 500 enterprises increase sales, marketing and revenue growth via business support, social media and PR. RVSB has also helped small businesses secure around £3million in low-interest loans. Mavis is a business mentor and strategist with a passion for helping businesses to grow. Mavis now has several brands, which includes BE Mogul and Women Like Me Business Club.
Mavis is a public speaker, and she holds regular events in the UK, and is invited to speak internationally often. She is an author, and published her first book “44 Ways to Grow Your Business or Brand: a step-by-step guide to increase profits,” in 2011. She has spoken at Lloyds HQ and also NatWest/RBS HQ. Mavis has also spoken alongside the likes of Richard Branson, Kanya King and Dianne Abbot. Her content is always direct, tangible and delivered in an informative way.
Mavis has been featured in over 220 press titles including the Guardian and PR Week, which has named Mavis as one of ‘the most influential people in PR,’ for six consecutive years in its Power Book (2009-2015). In 2016 Mavis has featured in Boots Magazine, The Telegraph and on Virgin.com.
- Winner of the ‘Innovation Award’ in 2007 GAB Awards – Media category
- Winner of the 2008 Black Business Awards – Innovation category
- Winner of the 2010 ‘Outstanding Achievement in Business’ Women In Enterprise award
- Winner of the 2011 ‘Outstanding Career Achievement ’ Powersis Award
- Women4Africa Awards in 2012 – ‘Business Woman of the Year’
- Women4Africa Awards in 2012 – ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’
- Winner of the Junior Chamber of Commerce ‘Outstanding Young Persons of The World’ 2013
- Finalist of the Great British Entrepreneur Award 2013
- African Business Excellence Award 2014
- Ebony Business Recognition (EBR) Awards 2014 – Finalist ‘Women’s Business Coach of the Year’ and ‘Motivational & Inspirational Business Women of the Year’
- Winner of the 2015 ‘Speaker of the Year’ iWOP
- Winner of 2015 100 Outstanding Africans Making a Difference
- Finalist ‘Entrepreneur Of The Year’ National Diversity Award 2015
- Winner of 2015 ‘Inspirational Award’ Back2Black Award
- Finalist for Business Person Of The Year Newham Chamber of Commerce 2016
Mavis’ specialist skills have enabled her to direct, manage and drive successful projects and campaigns in any sized organisations across a number of industry sectors.
Mavis runs various business workshops in marketing, PR, business development for SMEs, entrepreneurs and sole traders and also runs Equality and Diversity workshops for large cooperation’s and local government.
Mavis has a strong knowledge and background of setting up self-employment and limited company’s along with the legal structures of starting and growing a business. Her key strengths as a business advisor include diversity communications, entrepreneurship, marketing and PR.
Mavis now has an excellent team which she manages from her office in Canary Wharf& Stratford, London. Get in touch with her today to see how she can help you.